After reading Lucas’s article, I agree with your view on research and study. I do agree with your definition of research as changing perceptions about something, which in my opinion is one of the most important implications of conducting research.

However, I find that we have some differences in our views on learning difficulties. I think some courses in college are difficult because they often present theories that we have never been exposed to before, and even these theories can conflict with some of the ideas we had growing up. We usually need to change our way of thinking in order to get a better grasp of these theories. For example, the theories we are exposed to in college economics classes are very different from how we used to think about economics.

I also noticed that you mentioned that you cannot relate the cognitive process to your own experience because what is learned is new. I also have a different opinion about this statement. I think the author may be trying to contrast what is learned with his own experience. Maybe link the article to your posting.

Finally, I really like your posting. Also, I am also an economics student and the story you shared in your posting made me feel the same way. I hope to see more great posts from you.